Understand the essential concepts of
NON-STERILE COMPOUNDING IN PHARMACY
Discover or review the required Non-Sterile Compounding competencies to comply with the current Canadian standards.
If you want to learn at your own pace and in your own environment, this theoretical training course on non-sterile compounding will suit you perfectly.
Online course consists of interactive presentations delivering an awesome learning experience electronically.
10 modules covering specific topics are presented via the learning management system to track your progress and results.
Program topics include
- Browsing information and presentation of characters
- Principles to be respected in the areas dedicated to compounded non-sterile preparations
- Personal protective equipment
- Hand hygiene and garbing
- Levels of requirement for the compounding of non-sterile preparations
- Containment devices dedicated to compounded non-sterile preparations
- Cleaning the areas dedicated to compounded non-sterile preparations
- Receipt, unpacking and storage of ingredients and compounded non-sterile preparations
- Compounded non-sterile preparations
- Specific measures for the compounding of hazardous drugs
- 10 interactive presentations
- 9 theoretical questionnaires with 5 questions each.
- Attestation of participation following course completion.
- 3 Continuing Education Units
- 3 hours time required
- CCCEP-accredited: 1401-2021-3358-B-Z
- This course requires the completion of all the online modules with a passing grade of 80 percent or higher on the questionnaires (unlimited attempts).
- You can access the course for 30 days after purchase, allowing you to review and refine your knowledge on non-sterile compounding.
This course is recommended for:
Pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, pharmacy assistants, pharmacy educators and pharmacy students who require a basic but thorough understanding of non-sterile compounding competencies based on NAPRA Standards.
Content represents the course Development Team’s interpretation and is not intended to replace a thorough understanding of NAPRA’s non-sterile compounding standards.This course has not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by NAPRA or any pharmacy regulatory body in Canada.